Promoting Juvenile Prostitution
Any person who knowingly performs any of the following acts of Advancing Juvenile Prostitution commits a Class 1 Felony punishable by 4 to 15 years in the State penitentiary:
- Soliciting for a prostitute by performing any of the following acts when acting other than as a prostitute or a patron of a prostitutewhere the minor engaged in prostitution, or any person engaged in prostitution in the place, is under 18 years of age or is severely or profoundly intellectually disabled at the time of the offense:
- Soliciting another for the purpose of prostitution; or
- Arranging or offering to arrange a meeting of persons for the purpose of prostitution; or
- Directing another to a place knowing the direction is for the purpose of prostitution; or
- Profits from the prostitution by any means; or
- Keeping a place of prostitution by controlling orexercising control over the use of any place that could offer seclusion or shelter for the practice of prostitution and performing any of the following acts when acting other than as a prostitute or a patron of a prostitute:
- Knowingly granting or permitting the use ofthe place for the purpose of prostitution; or
- Granting or permitting the use of the place under circumstances from which he or she could reasonably know that the place is used or is to be used for purposes of prostitution; or
- Permitting the continued use of the place after becoming aware of facts or circumstances from which he or she should reasonably know that the place is being used for purposes of prostitution.
If these acts were committed within 1,000 feet of real property comprising a school,or if these acts are a second or subsequent violation, or with prior convictions under this crime, or prostitution, solicitation of a sexual act, promoting juvenile prostitution, soliciting for a prostitute, soliciting for a juvenile prostitute, pandering, keeping a place of prostitution, keeping a place of juvenile prostitution, patronizing a prostitute, patronizing a juvenile prostitute, pimping, juvenile pimping or aggravated juvenile pimping, exploitation of a child, then it is a Class X felony punishable by 6 to 30 years in the State Penitentiary.
If the accused confines a child under the age of 18, or a severely or profoundly intellectually disabled person, against his or her will by: the infliction or threat of imminent infliction of great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement, or by administering to them, without his or her consent, or by threat or deception, and for other than medical purposes, any alcoholic intoxicant or a drug as defined in the Illinois Controlled Substances Act or the Cannabis Control Act or Methamphetamine and compels them to engage in prostitution; or arranges a situation in which they may practice prostitution; or profits from prostitution by them, then the accused is guilty of a Class X felony punishable by 6 to 60 years in the State Penitentiary.